Notice of California Right to Opt-Out
of Sale of Personal Information
California Consumer Privacy Rights Request Form
Job Application Privacy Notice at Collection
JOB APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE AT COLLECTION
Last Updated: 11/01/2022
Effective Date: 11/01/2022
"Personal information" is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you. Any terms used, but not otherwise defined, in this Privacy Notice have the same meaning as those terms in the California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA").
I. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect the following categories of personal information from you or others in the course of your application for employment at Peruvian Connection:
- Identifiers, such as name, postal address, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, or other similar identifiers.
- Personal Information Categories Listed in the California Customer Records Statute, such as name, signature, address, telephone number, education, employment, employment history. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
- Characteristics of Protected Classifications under California or Federal Law, such as veteran or military status, or information concerning any special needs requiring accommodation for physical or mental disability if an interview is offered and such an accommodation is requested by an Applicant.
- Internet or Other Similar Network Activity, such as browsing history, search history, or information on an Applicant’s interaction with a website, application, or recruiter.
- Professional and Employment-Related Information, such as resumé, curriculum vitae (CV), and/or application for employment, including career interests, work preference, salary expectations, availability, goals, recruiting source, experience, skills (e.g., languages, software knowledge, retail experience), work history (e.g., company name and contact information, supervisor name, job title, employment dates, description of work, reason for leaving), certifications, licensure, professional registrations, training, volunteer experience, hobbies and interests.
- Non-Public Education Information, such as course of study, years completed, degree or diploma, graduation status, or other educational records that are not publicly available.
II. PURPOSES FOR WHICH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS USED
We may use the above-described categories of personal information for one or more of the following business or commercial purposes:
- To recruit and hire employees, including processing and evaluating employment applications, resumés, and CVs, considering Applicants for potential positions or opportunities with Peruvian Connection, and communicating with Applicants
- To determine eligibility for employment, including confirming and ensuring Applicant’s ability to work in the United States
- To verify Applicant’s references, work experience, and qualifications for potential employment at Peruvian Connection, to the extent permissible under applicable law
- To consider you for employment opportunities and and/or to conduct an interview with you
- To provide reasonable accommodations for interviewees if required to accommodate special needs identified by Applicants
- To provide Applicants with career-related information or other requested information, including email alerts and other notices concerning an Applicant’s application or potential Peruvian Connection employment opportunities, as applicable
- To conduct organizational planning and development, including budgeting, project administration, workforce management, and planning
- To detect and protect against security incidents and malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or violations of Peruvian Connection’s policies or the law; for fraud and crime prevention; and for information protection and cybersecurity
- To conduct budget planning and administration
- To comply with applicable legal, compliance and/or regulatory obligations (including, for example, to ensure compliance with applicable non-discrimination laws)
- To protect our legal interests, including defending our rights and property
- To respond to law enforcement requests, to meet obligations in legal proceedings and government investigations, and as otherwise required by applicable law, court order, or government regulations
- To provide information pertinent to an actual or potential merger, acquisition, or other reorganization
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Peruvian Connection, its customers, or others
- To administer background checks, and other investigative consumer reports if we offer you a position, subject to applicable law
- To manage any on-boarding process or procedures
- To reimburse you for any travel expenses relating to interviews and/or on-boarding
III. RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Peruvian Connection will retain your personal information for the time period necessary to fulfill the purposes for which your personal information was originally collected or received and to meet our legal obligations.
IV. CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time to address changes in our practices, and as technologies and laws change. If we make changes to this Privacy Notice, we will revise the Last Updated date identified at the top of the first page. Any changes will become effective upon our posting of the revised Privacy Notice on the CAREERS page of our United States website. If we make material changes to how we treat the personal information that falls within the scope of this Privacy Notice, we will notify you through a prominent notice on the CAREERS page of our United States website.
V. HOW TO CONTACT US