ABOUT PERUVIAN CONNECTION
Since 1976, Peruvian Connection has made ethnographic textiles the point of reference for its artisan-made, luxury fiber collections. In addition to the label’s signature knitwear, it offers a range of romantic dresses, superbly tailored outerwear and unique handcrafted accessories, all exclusively designed by and for Peruvian Connection.
By leveraging the potential of multi-channel marketing, we seek to promote and perpetuate Andean and other artisan textile traditions through our original, luxury fiber collections.
- We will maintain a position of leadership within the niche of Peruvian luxury fibers of alpaca and pima cotton with our unique, original designs.
- We will stay competitive in the global marketplace by remaining true to our artisan textile design base, while embracing innovation and fashion trend.
- We will provide our customers with products of superior design, construction, fit and quality within the context of the highest level of customer and employee service.
We offer competitive pay and an excellent benefit package including health, dental, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, employee assistance program, vacation, a generous 401k and profit sharing program and fabulous product discounts. Peruvian Connection works with employees to balance schedules between work and home. We value diversity and collaboration.
WHO WE ARE
- WHAT WE DO: A celebration of art, culture and the fabric of human existence
- HOW WE BEGAN: A classic kitchen-table mail order story
- STORE LOCATIONS: Exceptional clothing, accessories and home décor
USA: Located in Tonganoxie, Kansas, our worldwide headquarters are still located on the family farm, with the corporate offices housed in a remodeled barn more than 100 years old. "The Farm" is near the Kansas City metro, a vibrant city with beautiful residential areas, wonderful shopping and dining and a diverse group of major employers. Kiplinger Magazine has rated Kansas City as one of the 50 Smart Places to Live.
In Tonganoxie, we employ individuals in our design, inventory management, service and call center, warehouse and order fulfillment, creative, finance, ecommerce and administrative areas, and we provide support for customers throughout the world. Our New York City design office employs a staff dedicated to creating our unique collection of woven merchandise.
EUROPE: Our European operation began in 1995, serving just the UK, but soon started serving Germany and other European countries in the years to follow. In 2023, we opened our Netherlands office in Amsterdam, which consists of a warehouse and order fulfilment operation that serves our primary European markets.
PERU: Our office in Lima, Peru works closely with our vendors in the development of our textiles and the production of our unique merchandise, as well as the assurance of its quality.
Visit our beautiful Store locations for more information about each retail store. We are periodically recruiting for store manager, assistant manager and retail store associate positions.
To apply for a position at any of our locations, including stores, send your resume, CV and/or a completed application to email@example.com and tell us how your interests and abilities fit with the Peruvian Connection mission. We are always interested in talented individuals whose passion for their craft is an integral part of who they are, who have a deep respect for collaboration with others and who believe in the concept of quality, artisan-made products and processes. Before submitting any information to Peruvian Connection, please review our Job Applicant Privacy Notice at Collection. Peruvian Connection is an EOE and we value diversity and inclusion. Job applicants have rights under The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), The Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), The Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA), and The Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA).
APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Peruvian Connection, please contact Human Resources by phone at 1.913.845.6011 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT PERUVIAN CONNECTION:
Peruvian Connection creates artisan-made, luxury fiber knitwear clothing designs based on ethnographic textiles from around the world. In addition to its signature knitwear, the collection also offers a range of romantic dresses and imaginatively handcrafted accessories. We are an international, multi-channel marketer with stores in the US and the UK. As a family company, we enjoy a high level of employee commitment. Take a look at our exciting products and proud history at www.peruvianconnection.com to learn more.
ABOUT THE JOB:
The Collection Information Assistant to Design Development will work as a member of the Design Development team. Responsibilities vary with the seasonal development cycle, participating in collection edits, documenting collection styling, organizing product for photo shoots and participating in photo shoots to ensure accurate product representation. The candidate will learn the collection during the development cycle and will be a member of the photo shoot team, traveling for 2-3 photoshoots/year, sometimes traveling internationally. The candidate must have exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail. They must work both collaboratively and independently with a small design development team.
- Support designers with seasonal collection development.
- Participate in design development team with selection, coordination and documentation of the collection.
- Prepare for accurate product representation, organizing for photo shoots and participating as a member of shoot team.
- Assist in-house teams with accurate product information.
- Education: BS, BA, BFA, AAS or related degree in Fashion Merchandising, Fashion Design, Technical Apparel Design
- Experience with Microsoft Suite and strong computer skills
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite is beneficial, not essential
- Enthusiasm for fashion.
- Ability to log information accurately, with close attention to detail, and proof for accuracy.
- Flexible team member, willing to adapt, take direction and partner with others.
- Communicate clearly, accurately and positively, both verbally and in writing.
- Helpful, respectful, approachable, collaborative, building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Able to focus and prioritize responsibilities, set timelines and meet deadlines.
- Regular lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Travel likely 2-4 trips/year, often internationally
Peruvian Connection is an EOE and we value diversity and inclusion.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
Interested applicants can apply by sending their resumé to email@example.com or complete our application for employment, save it to your computer and attach it to an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, Firefox browser users will receive a prompt at the top of the page to download the file in order to complete the form. Before submitting any information to Peruvian Connection, please review our Job Applicant Privacy Notice at Collection. Please note, Firefox browser users will receive a prompt at the top of the page to download the file in order to complete the form. If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Peruvian Connection, please contact Human Resources by phone at 1.913.845.6011 or by email at email@example.com.