Notice of California Right to Opt-Out
of Sale of Personal Information
California Consumer Privacy Rights Request Form
Job Application Privacy Notice at Collection
ABOUT PERUVIAN CONNECTION
Since 1976, Peruvian Connection has made ethnographic textiles the point of reference for its artisan-made, luxury fiber collections. In addition to the label’s signature knitwear, it offers a range of romantic dresses, superbly tailored outerwear and unique handcrafted accessories, all exclusively designed by and for Peruvian Connection.
By leveraging the potential of multi-channel marketing, we seek to promote and perpetuate Andean and other artisan textile traditions through our original, luxury fiber collections.
- We will maintain a position of leadership within the niche of Peruvian luxury fibers of alpaca and pima cotton with our unique, original designs.
- We will stay competitive in the global marketplace by remaining true to our artisan textile design base, while embracing innovation and fashion trend.
- We will provide our customers with products of superior design, construction, fit and quality within the context of the highest level of customer and employee service.
We offer competitive pay and an excellent benefit package including health, dental, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, employee assistance program, vacation, a generous 401k and profit sharing program and fabulous product discounts. Peruvian Connection works with employees to balance schedules between work and home. We value diversity and collaboration.
WHO WE ARE
- WHAT WE DO: A celebration of art, culture and the fabric of human existence
- HOW WE BEGAN: A classic kitchen-table mail order story
- STORE LOCATIONS: Exceptional clothing, accessories and home décor
USA: Located in Tonganoxie, Kansas, our worldwide headquarters are still located on the family farm, with the corporate offices housed in a remodeled barn more than 100 years old. "The Farm" is near the Kansas City metro, a vibrant city with beautiful residential areas, wonderful shopping and dining and a diverse group of major employers. Kiplinger Magazine has rated Kansas City as one of the 50 Smart Places to Live.
In Tonganoxie, we employ individuals in our design, inventory management, service and call center, warehouse and order fulfillment, creative, finance, ecommerce and administrative areas, and we provide support for customers throughout the world. Our New York City design office employs a staff dedicated to creating our unique collection of woven merchandise.
UK: Our European operation began in 1995, serving just the UK, but soon started serving Germany and other European countries in the years to follow. In early 2019, the UK office relocated to a larger and more modern facility in Didcot, Oxfordshire to support our growing business. The Didcot operation employs dozens of people and consists of a call centre with English- and German-speaking staff, as well as a warehouse and order fulfillment operation which serves our primary European markets.
PERU: Our office in Lima, Peru works closely with our vendors in the development of our textiles and the production of our unique merchandise, as well as the assurance of its quality.
Visit our beautiful Store locations for more information about each retail store. We are periodically recruiting for store manager, assistant manager and retail store associate positions.
To apply for a position at any of our locations, including stores, send your resume, CV and/or a completed application to email@example.com and tell us how your interests and abilities fit with the Peruvian Connection mission. We are always interested in talented individuals whose passion for their craft is an integral part of who they are, who have a deep respect for collaboration with others and who believe in the concept of quality, artisan-made products and processes. Before submitting any information to Peruvian Connection, please review our Job Applicant Privacy Notice at Collection. Peruvian Connection is an EOE and we value diversity and inclusion. Job applicants have rights under The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), The Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), The Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA), and The Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA).
APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Peruvian Connection, please contact Human Resources by phone at 1.913.845.6011 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE/KEY HOLDER, FULL-TIME - Santa Fe, NM
ABOUT PERUVIAN CONNECTION:
Peruvian Connection creates artisan-made, luxury fiber knitwear clothing designs based on ethnographic textiles from around the world. In addition to its signature knitwear, the collection also offers a range of romantic dresses and imaginatively handcrafted accessories. We are an international, multi-channel marketer with stores in the US and the UK. As a family company, we enjoy a high level of employee commitment. Take a look at our exciting products and proud history at www.peruvianconnection.com to learn more.
ABOUT THE JOB:
Do you enjoy helping others style their look? Are you often on the lookout for that unique, perfect scarf or sweater that a friend needs to complete an outfit? If so, this job might be for you.
We are looking for a Full-Time Retail Sales Associate Key Holder; possible supervisor, for our Santa Fe New Mexico retail store who will be passionate about our line of quality products and are interested in working within a collaborative environment. Peruvian Connection offers competitive pay, great benefits and a very generous discount on merchandise.
The right person for Peruvian Connection will be willing to develop in-depth product knowledge so they can provide it to our customers. They will understand how to identify customer needs, match our products with those needs, finalize the sale and begin a lasting relationship with the customer. They will also be responsible for overall tidiness of the store environment and assisting with merchandise arrival and arrangement.
Sales and Budget
- Understand daily, weekly and monthly sales goals for store.
- Meet or exceed sales plans.
- Actively coach employees regarding customer interactions and how to turn those conversations into sales.
Merchandise and Visual Standards
- Develop weekly plans for stock receipt and movement.
- Ensure that appropriate visual standards are met.
- Communicate regularly with inventory management regarding merchandise trends.
- Hire, develop and manage a team of individuals who want to be a part of PC’s focus on luxury fibers, Artisan quality, and superior design and are capable of translating that message to the customer.
- Treat employees with respect and trust, seeking their input in solutions.
- Learn to use PC’s systems and equipment. Be curious. Ask for support if you need it.
- Suggest changes to improve the use of technology whenever possible.
- Stay in touch with local neighborhood, attending chamber or street events.
- Set goals for meeting store leadership in an appropriate radius around the store. Discuss local business trends and build relationships.
A GREAT APPLICANT ALSO:
- Has at least one year of luxury retail experience.
- Communicates clearly and effectively with customers and colleagues. Adjusts communication to fit the audience and the message.
- Takes personal responsibility for their schedule, actions and decisions. Shares credit for successes and mistakes, when appropriate, and in a collaborative manner.
- Understands the importance of being punctual and present. Uses time wisely, completing tasks throughout the shift while still delivering excellent customer service.
- Is eager to learn about products, fibers, processes and technology. Listens, asks questions and retains knowledge. Is competent with basic math and accurate with details, such as reconciling invoices to merchandise.
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays.
- Peruvian Connection is an EOE and we value diversity and inclusion.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
Interested applicants can apply by sending their resumé to email@example.com or complete our application for employment, save it to your computer and attach it to an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, Firefox browser users will receive a prompt at the top of the page to download the file in order to complete the form. Before submitting any information to Peruvian Connection, please review our Job Applicant Privacy Notice at Collection. Please note, Firefox browser users will receive a prompt at the top of the page to download the file in order to complete the form. If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Peruvian Connection, please contact Human Resources by phone at 1.913.845.6011 or by email at email@example.com.