- CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins on or about 12:00 a.m. CST on November 1, 2014, and ends at 11:59 p.m. CST on December 7, 2014. All entries must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. CST on December 7, 2014.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open and offered only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or the age of majority in their respective states of permanent residence, whichever is greater, as of November 1, 2014. Employees, officers, and directors of Peruvian Connection, and its affiliates, divisions, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, and any other persons or entities involved in the development and/or administration of this Contest, and their immediate family members (parent, child, sibling or spouse) and/or household members (whether related or not), are ineligible to enter or win. To enter the Contest or receive a prize, entrant must fully comply with these Official Rules and, by participating, entrant agrees to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Peruvian Connection and its designated judges, whose decisions shall be binding and final in all respects relating to this Contest. Void outside the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia and where prohibited by law.
- HOW TO ENTER & PHOTO GUIDELINES: Entrant must join Pinterest® to participate in the Contest. Pinterest is free to join. During the Contest Period, entrant may enter by visiting http://www.peruvianconnection.com/category/forms/pinterest+holiday+wishlist+form.do and following the onscreen instructions. Entrant must (1) Follow Peruvian Connection at http://www.pinterest.com/peruconnection/; (2) Create a Pinterest Pinboard titled #PeruvianPicks and pin their own Peruvian favorites; (3) Re-pin the official contest pin (http://www.pinterest.com/pin/110267890852034226/) on the entrant's #PeruvianPicks pinboard; and (4) visit the contest page (http://www.peruvianconnection.com/category/forms/pinterest+holiday+wishlist+form.do) to complete and submit the online Contest entry form, which includes providing entrant's email address, and date of birth, which represents the entrant's consent to receive emails from Peruvian Connection regarding promotional offers and product information (all requested information must be provided).
Pinterest Pinboards submitted for entry must meet the requirements stated below.
- Have a custom board titled "#PeruvianPicks"
- Pin the official contest pin on your #PeruvianPicks custom board
- Include any number of images from any website or upload your own photos that reflects the entrant's personal Peruvian Picks
PROHIBITED PINNED IMAGES:
Entrant's image must not show trademarked images and other brand logos. Entrant's image must not be obscene or otherwise inappropriate, hateful, slanderous, libelous, tortious, violent, discriminatory, unlawful, offensive, harassing, and it must not violate or infringe upon another's rights (including but not limited to material that violates privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights). All submitted images will be moderated by a Peruvian Connection representative. Images that are deemed vulgar, unlawful, harmful, generally inappropriate, or in violation of the terms of these Official Rules will not be approved by Peruvian Connection's representative and entrant's submission will not be entered in the Contest. It is entrant's responsibility to ensure that his/her submitted images do not infringe or violate the intellectual property rights or other rights of any third party or any laws. Entrant's images must not contain brand names, copyrighted material or trademarks (other than those owned by entrant or Peruvian Connection).
- LIMIT: One (1) entry per person, per email address, per Pinterest account, regardless of the number of pinboards a person creates. Entries must be submitted by the entrant. Once submitted, entries cannot be deleted, canceled or modified. All entries must be received during the Contest Period, as defined above. Incomplete entries, or those containing incorrect information, will be voided. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Peruvian Connection. Peruvian Connection reserves the right to disqualify any person that submits more than the maximum allowed entries. Normal Internet access, phone, and usage charges imposed by entrant's online or phone service may apply. The person submitting the Contest entry must be the authorized account holder of the Pinterest account associated with the entry, otherwise, the entry may be deemed void. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify Peruvian Connection in writing if the entrant changes his or her e-mail address during the Contest. All entries become the property of Peruvian Connection when submitted and will not be acknowledged or returned to entrant.
- WINNERS AND ODDS: There will be three (3) winners selected from all entries submitted. Of the three (3) winners selected, one (1) winner will receive a "first place" $1,000 Peruvian Connection gift card; one (1) winner will receive a "second place" $500 Peruvian Connection gift card; and one (1) winner will receive a "third place" $250 Peruvian Connection gift card. The gift card is redeemable per its terms. The prize or any portion thereof is not transferable or redeemable for cash. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries submitted.
- WINNER SELECTION: Each eligible entry (pinboard) will be reviewed by a panel of judges selected by Peruvian Connection in its sole discretion. On or about December 8, 2014, the panel of Peruvian Connection-designated judges will select the three (3) potential winners from among all eligible entries received, based upon relevance, creativity and composition. Decisions of the judges are final and cannot be appealed.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: On or about December 10, 2014, the potential winners will be notified via email, within forty-eight (48) hours after selection. Each winner must respond within forty-eight (48) hours of being contacted. Failure of a winner to respond within forty-eight (48) hours of notification or failure to comply with any term or condition of these "Official Rules" may result in disqualification, and an alternate winner will be chosen for the next submission as determined by the representative. The judges and/or representatives of Peruvian Connection will have complete discretion over interpretation of the Official Rules, of administration of the Contest, and of selection of the winner. Decisions of the judges and/or representatives of Peruvian Connection as to the administration of the Contest, interpretation of the Official Rules, and the selection of the winner will be final.
- LIMITATIONS AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY: When a potential winner is contacted, he/she will have forty-eight (48) hours in which to respond to the notification, or he/she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected. Each potential winner of the Contest may (in Peruvian Connection's sole discretion) be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility/release of liability agreement (the "Acceptance Release") and return the Acceptance Release before the winner is announced. If any potential prize winner fails or refuses to sign and return such Acceptance Release within forty-eight (48) hours of the first (1st) notification attempt, such potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate may be selected (in Peruvian Connection's sole discretion). If any potential prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules, he or she may be disqualified in Peruvian Connection's sole discretion, and an alternate potential winner may then be selected by the representative. The Winner's Acceptance Release is subject to verification by Peruvian Connection. Peruvian Connection is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, damaged, intercepted misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the potential winners, or if potential winner is a minor, for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts of potential winner to provide signed parental or guardian consent. Peruvian Connection will not be responsible if a potential winner changes his/her e-mail address or other contact information after he/she registers for the Contest, it is his/her sole responsibility to update his/her registration information notifying Peruvian Connection. Failure to update such registration information may affect a potential winner's ability to receive the proper notification and be able to respond in time.
By accepting a prize, the winner agrees to release Peruvian Connection and its affiliates, divisions, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any and all liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by entering the Contest or for damages of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use/misuse of prize awarded. The winner's entry, and acceptance of the prize, constitutes the winner's agreement and permission (except where prohibited by law) for Peruvian Connection and any of its designees, to use, print, publish or broadcast winner's full name, city and state of residence, photographs, portrait, picture, voice, likeness and/or biographical information, worldwide and in perpetuity for any and all purposes, including, but not limited to, for advertising, trade and promotional purposes, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised, without further limitation, restriction, compensation, payment or additional consideration, and without review, approval or notification.
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Peruvian Connection is not responsible for and shall have no liability for printing or typographical errors in any Contest-related material or for any stolen, late, lost, illegible, incomplete or misdirected entries; or for entries that are lost due to computer or electronic malfunction; or for any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions, which may limit a entrant's ability to participate in the promotion. If for any reason Contest cannot be conducted as planned by causes beyond the control of Peruvian Connection, which, in the sole opinion of Peruvian Connection, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of Contest, Peruvian Connection reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend Contest, and/or may conduct Contest and select the winner from among all entries received prior to the action taken. Further, Peruvian Connection reserves the right to cancel or suspend this Contest, and cancel or refuse any entry or any individual winning the Contest. In the event Peruvian Connection is prevented from continuing with the Contest by any event beyond its control, including, but not limited to, fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, communications or equipment failure, utility or service interruptions, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared), interference with the Contest by any party, or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Peruvian Connection's control (each a "Force Majeure" event or occurrence), Peruvian Connection shall have the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Contest. Peruvian Connection reserves the right to amend these Official Rules at its sole discretion at any time and will use reasonable endeavors to notify material changes to entrants and potential entrants. In the event the Contest is terminated prior to the stated end date, Peruvian Connection reserves the right but has no obligation to award the prizes.
Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with Contest shall be resolved individually through arbitration, without resort to any form of class action or litigation in court. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering Contest, but in no event attorney's fees. The Contest and these Official Rules shall be construed and governed in accordance with the laws of the State of Kansas. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of entrants, Peruvian Connection, or the Released Parties in connection with the Contest will be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Kansas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state's laws. Peruvian Connection is not responsible for the actions of entrants in connection with the Contest, including entrants' attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest, or whom Peruvian Connection believes to be causing malfunction, error, disruption or damage may be disqualified. Additionally, any attempt to cheat the Contest, as determined at the sole discretion of Peruvian Connection, may result in immediate disqualification of the entrant, as well as other possible consequences, including disqualification from any and all existing and future Contest.
Any attempt by an entrant to undermine the legitimate operation of Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Peruvian Connection reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney's fees) from any such entrant to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution. Peruvian Connection reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any individual who is found to be, or suspected of, acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike, obscene, immoral or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: Entrants, upon submission of their entry to the Contest, hereby irrevocably grant to Peruvian Connection, and each of its licensees, successors and assigns, the non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, no-cost license and right to use the entry submitted as part of the Contest, and all images, text and materials depicted therein, in whole or in part, in any manner or medium now or hereafter known or devised (including, without limitation, CDs, streaming media, film, television, videocassettes, print, interactive devices, mobile media, Internet and on-line systems, digital billboards) in any and all languages, including, without limitation, the right to display, reproduce, record, perform, exhibit, distribute, copy, edit, change, modify, add to, subtract from, re-title and adapt the same, to combine it with other material and otherwise use and exploit it. Peruvian Connection and each of its successors, assigns and licensees will have the right to make unlimited derivative works therefrom, to assign or transfer the right to use the entries submitted as part of the Contest, and all images depicted therein (if any), in any merchandising, advertising, marketing, promotion or for any other commercial or non-commercial purpose. Entrants hereby forever waive and relinquish all so-called "moral rights" now or hereafter recognized in connection with entries submitted as part of the Contest. Entrants agree that Peruvian Connection shall have the sole discretion in determining the extent and manner of use of entries and are not obligated to use any entry. Entrants agree not to issue any publicity concerning Peruvian Connection. Entrants agree that neither Peruvian Connection nor its agents shall be responsible for returning or preservation of the entries submitted. All entries that are posted on Peruvian Connection's website, including but not limited to its blog, may be available to be viewed by anyone with access to the Internet.
- SPONSOR: Peruvian Connection, LLC, 24535 McLouth Rd., Tonganoxie, KS 66086
- WINNER'S NAME: To request the name and city/state of residence for the prize winners, please send a self-addressed, stamped business size envelope, by December 31, 2014, to: Peruvian Connection, Attn: Digital Marketing Manager, 24535 McLouth Rd., Tonganoxie, KS 66086.
- OFFICAL RULES BY MAIL: For a copy of the Official Contest Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope, by December 31, 2014, to: Peruvian Connection, Attn: Digital Marketing Manager, 24535 McLouth Rd., Tonganoxie, KS 66086. Vermont residents may omit postage.
- THIS CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, PINTEREST®. ENTRANT UNDERSTANDS THAT HE/SHE IS PROVIDING INFORMATION TO PERUVIAN CONNECTION, NOT TO PINTEREST.