Luxury Retail Sales Associate
About Peruvian Connection
Since 1976, Peruvian Connection has made ethnographic textiles the point of reference for its artisan-made, luxury fiber collections. In addition to the label’s signature knitwear, it offers a range of romantic dresses, superbly tailored outerwear and unique handcrafted accessories, all exclusively designed by and for Peruvian Connection.
By leveraging the potential of multi-channel marketing, we seek to promote and perpetuate Andean and other artisan textile traditions through our original, luxury fiber collections.
- We will maintain a position of leadership within the niche of Peruvian luxury fibers of alpaca and pima cotton with our unique, original designs.
- We will stay competitive in the global marketplace by remaining true to our artisan textile design base, while embracing innovation and fashion trend.
- We will provide our customers with products of superior design, construction, fit and quality within the context of the highest level of customer and employee service.
We offer competitive pay and an excellent benefit package including health, dental, short and long-term disability, life insurance, employee assistance program, vacation, a generous 401k and profit sharing program, and fabulous product discounts. Peruvian Connection works with employees to balance schedules between work and home. We value diversity and collaboration.
Who We Are
- USA: Located in Tonganoxie, Kansas, our worldwide headquarters are still located on the family farm, with the corporate offices housed in a remodeled barn more than 100 years old. "The Farm" is near the Kansas City metro, a vibrant city with beautiful residential areas, wonderful shopping and dining, and a diverse group of major employers. Kiplinger Magazine has rated Kansas City as one of the 50 Smart Places to Live.
In Tonganoxie, we employ individuals in our design, inventory management, service and call center, warehouse and order fulfillment, creative, finance, ecommerce and administrative areas, and provide support for customers throughout the world. Our New York City design office employs a staff dedicated to creating our unique collection of woven merchandise.
- UK: The European operation began in 1995, serving just the UK, and moving to the larger premises at Goring-on-Thames in 1999 as the business grew to accommodate the company entering the German market. The Goring operation employs dozens of people and consists of a call centre with English and German-speaking staff as well as a warehouse and order fulfillment operation which serves our primary European markets.
- Peru: Our office in Lima, Peru works closely with our vendors in the development of our textiles and the production of our unique merchandise, as well as the assurance of its quality.
Visit our beautiful Store locations for more information about each retail store. We are periodically recruiting for store manager, assistant manager and retail store associate positions.
To apply for a position at any of our locations, including stores, send your resume or CV to email@example.com and tell us how your interests and abilities fit with the Peruvian Connection mission. We are always interested in talented individuals whose passion for their craft is an integral part of who they are, who have a deep respect for collaboration with others, and who believe in the concept of quality, artisan-made products and processes.
Luxury Retail Sales Associate - Crestwood Store, Kansas City, Missouri
We are looking for a full-time or part-time Luxury Retail Sales Associate who will be passionate about our line of quality products and is interested in working in a collaborative environment. Peruvian Connection offers competitive benefits and a very generous discount on merchandise.
- Provide in-depth product knowledge to our customers
- Understand how to identify customer needs and match products accordingly
- Finalize sale and begin a lasting relationship with customer
- At least 6 months experience in an upscale retail store
- Educational background in fashion, art, design, anthropology, or art history helpful
- Interest in learning about the cultural origins of style, textiles, and fibers
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION: